May 1, 2009 Newsletter and Auction Update
This will be another snippet of a newsletter – basically just an update on the auction. Just returned Tuesday night from the east coast trip, and tons to catch up with at the office. Once the auction finishes next week, I’ll send out a final tally along with a more comprehensive news section.
Bristol Bay Online Fundraising Auction Update – WE TOPPED LAST YEAR!
The second annual fundraising auction for Bristol Bay has just a few weeks to go. Gross proceeds have topped $54,000. We have officially beaten the 2008 auction results and there are still a few items yet to be sold! Thank you to the blogs, Web sites and magazines who are helping spread the word. The greater the number of people visiting the auction, the better the odds that we can raise some serious money to help fight for Bristol Bay.
This auction is possible due to the very generous contributions of so many companies, lodges and artists. Please support them and support the campaign for Bristol Bay’s future by bidding on an item or two. There’s a great selection, and you should be able to find something you need or want. All starting bids are set below 65% of retail value so you could get a good buy and help a great cause at the same time.
The inventory for the auction is basically set up on a rolling basis, with new items being added every few days. All listings run for 7 days, so there are always items nearing the end of their run.
To see active listings, click here.
- St. Croix “Avid” Series 6-wt fly rod – Sold Jerry in TX for $194.90
- Koktuli River float trip for 2 – Sold to Mike in AZ for $4,000
- Fishpond “Dakota” rod & reel carry-on – Sold to Mike in AZ for $90
- “Tarpon-Red Streamer” print by Derek DeYoung – Sold to Travis in CA for $152.50
- Rainbow River Lodge trip for 2 – Sold to Paul in MI for $7,600
- Cloudveil 8x Pro Waders and Boots – Sold to Michael in NC for $380
- Nautilus FW5 fly reel + SA line – Sold to Steve in IN for $276.50
- Ari ‘t Hart “Trilogy” fly reel by Exclusive Reels – Sold to Bryan in TX for $1,724
- Smith Interlock Spoiler polarized sunglasses – Sold to Frank in CA for $86
- Ross Worldwide “Essence” 7/8 fly rod/reel outfit – Sold to Amy in OR for $112.50
- Leupold 8x42mm “Cascades” binocular – Sold to Keith in CT for $227.50
- Simms “Rivershed” boot w/ Vibram sole – Sold to Robert in Canada for $177.50
- Waterworks “Force” LT2 fly reel + SA line – Sold to Tatsuya in Japan for $295.40
- “Taku” polarized sunglasses by 7Eye – Sold to Demetrios in Canada for $76
- Women’s Flyfishing Alaska’s Denali Highway trip for 1 woman angler + dozen flies + Redington “Chena River” women’s waders – Sold to Kirsten in MA for $525
- Breathable 5-Layer stockingfoot waders by Filson – Sold to Bruce in WA for $180
- “Guide” boots by Korkers – Sold to Tim in CO for $134
- 2 VersiTip Fly Lines from Rio Products – Sold to William in CO for $120
- “Hidden Water” 8-wt travel fly rod by March Brown – Sold to Travis in CA for $142.50
- Drift boat accessories package by Clackacraft – Sold to James in PA for $150
- Simms “Guide” boot w/ Vibram sole – Sold to Mike in GA for $159.26
- Fetha Styx custom rod gift certificate – Sold to Randy in OR for $175
- Lefty Kreh 12-wt fly line by Jim Teeny + Insect Shield Halo shirt by Ex Officio – Sold to James in NC for $75
- St. Croix Premier travel spinning rod – Sold to James in NC for $96
- Smith Optics Spoiler Interlock polarized sunglasses – Sold to Larry in WY for $86
- Galvan T-8 fly reel – Sold to Lynn in NC for $333.89
- Trip for 2 with Reel Wilderness Adventures – Sold to Steve in WA for $4,500
- Origo Fishing Pro watch – Sold to Mike in AZ for $100
- Redington CPX Zip-Front Waders + CPX Boots – Sold to Brian in ID for $235
- Beulah Platinum Series 6-wt Spey Rod – Sold to Gavin in OR for $380
- Hardy Classic Lightweight 3-wt Fly Rod + Hardy Perfect Fly Reel – Sold to Dan in UT for $733.89
- Leupold MX Modular Flashlight – Sold to Kevin in FL for $102.50
- Simms Freestone boot w/ Vibram sole – Sold to Frank in CA for $90
- Costa Del Mar “Harpoon” polarized sunglasses – Sold to Travis in CA for $102.50
- “Cutthroat-Stimulator” print by Canvasfish.com – Sold to Steven in OR for $102.50
- Scott S4 7-Weight Fly Rod – Sold to Frank in CA for $450
- Choice of any Temple Fork Outfitters fly rod – Sold to William in CO for $257
- Hatch 3 Plus fly reel – Sold to David in TX for $355
- Trip for 2 to No See Um Lodge – Sold to Jim and Amy in VA for $8,500
- Echo Trip Travel Fly Rod + Vosseler Fly Reel & Airflo line – Sold to Sheila in PA for $225
- Trip for 2 to Turneffe Flats in Belize – Sold to Hal in New Brunswick for $4,512
- Sage 6080 fly reel – Sold to James in MA for $375
- Smith Optics “Shelter” polarized sunglasses – Sold to Steve in MA for $76
- St. Croix Legend Ultra 8wt fly rod – Sold to Jeff in CT for $266
- Wildhorse Tech Pack from Fishpond – Sold to Erik in NJ for $177.50
- Clackacraft model drift boat – Sold to Kaari in WA for $103.50
- G4 Guide boot from Simms w/ Vibram sole – Sold to John in GA for $201.76
- CND Spey USA Expert Series spey rod incl. line – Sold to Frank in CA for $319.77
- Trip for 2 to Miramichi Black Rapids Lodge – Sold to Bill in WV for $1,975
- Filson fly case and reel case – Sold to Mark in MN for $97
- Costa Del Mar “Man O War” polarized sunglasses – Sold to Jeffrey in TX for $73
- Galvan T-6 Torque fly reel w/ Teeny line – Sold to Louis in Quebec for $280
- Leupold 10x42 Cascades binoculars – Sold to Angel in Spain for $280
- Winston Boron II-MX 9-wt fly rod w/ SA line – Sold to Trevor in Australia for $420
- Smith Interlock Spoiler polarized sunglasses – Sold to Michael in WI for $71
- Trip for 2 to Rainbow Point Lodge – Sold to Tom in TX for $7,695
- Original fly sketch of your choice from Jeff Kennedy Studio – Sold to Mike in AZ for $128.50
- 2 Limited edition prints from Bob White/John Gierach – Sold to Joseph in NJ for $175
- Headwaters boots from Simms w/ Vibram sole – Sold to Karl in WA for $144.06
- “Steelhead – Chromer” print by Derek DeYoung – Sold to Douglas in CA for $118.59
- St. Croix Premier travel spinning rod – Sold to Robert in WI for $123.50
- Smith Optics Interlock Spoiler sunglasses – Sold to Tom in IL for $89.14
- Islander LX4.0 fly reel w/ SA line – Sold to Del in BC for $431.50
- Orvis ZG Helios 10-weight fly rod – Sold to James in VA for $525.01
- Henry Repeating Arms hat, t-shirt, mug – Sold to David in OH for $26.95
- Orvis Battenkill Large Arbor II fly reel – Sold to Dann in VA for $112.50
- Smith Optics Hideout sunglasses – Sold to Felton in GA for $100
- Orvis TLS Power Matrix 4-weight fly rod – Sold to Mike in AZ for $232.50
- Orvis Safe Passage rod & reel case – Sold to John in CO for $103.50
- Orvis Vortex VO2 V fly reel – Sold to Daniel in NH for $248.50
- Orvis clear-sided dry bag – Sold to Mike in AZ for $41
Items up for bid right now:
- Patagonia Guidewater waders - your size (ends Sun. 5/3) – selling for $225
- Patagonia Riverwalker boots - your size & choice of sole (ends Sun. 5/3) – selling for $90
- Patagonia SST jacket - your size (ends Tue. 5/5) – selling for $225
Available Auction Trips – First come, First served
These trips didn’t sell during their 7-day run on the auction, but they’re still available if you are interested. First come-first served – and there are inquiries percolating on several of these, so if you’re interested, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see if there’s a way to send you north this summer! We’ve already lined up trips for people to No See Um Lodge, Miramichi Black Rapids Lodge, and Alaska’s Rainbow Point Lodge.
NOTES: All are for “any open dates” in the 2009 season unless noted differently. All are priced at $500 over normal rate for 1 angler, except the trip for 4 people is $1,000 over the normal rate for 2 anglers. You’re probably never going to get a better price on a dream trip like these.
- Kulik Lodge trip for two (July dates), $6,600 – $3,300 per person!
- Bristol Bay / Katmai area
- Copper River Lodge trip for two, $4,800 – $2,400 per person!
- Bristol Bay / Iliamna area
- CA School of Fly Fishing class for one student, $500
- Tahoe area
- Royal Coachman Lodge trip for two, $7,500 – $3,750 per person!
- Bristol Bay / Wood-Tikchik area
- Legend Lodge trip for four, $9,878 – $2,470 per person!
- Bristol Bay / Iliamna area
- Great AK Fishing Lodge trip for two, $5,995 – $2,998 per person!
- Kenai Peninsula with lots of variety
That’ll do it for this edition of the SAA E-News and Auction Update. Throughout the course of the auction, weekly updates will continue to be issued once per week.
Thanks for all you do for Alaska conservation!
Director – Sportsman’s Alliance for Alaska