May 14, 2008 Newsletter
The fundraising auction for Bristol Bay is picking up steam. Several items sold in the past week, and the gross amount raised so far is over $9,000! Thank you to the blogs, Web sites and magazines who have helped spread the word. The greater the number of people visiting the auction, the better the odds are we can raise some serious money to help fight for Bristol Bay.
NOTE: For any of the trips in June and July 2008 that did not sell on the auction, contact me if you are interested. We might be able to work something out with those lodges. I’m not promising, but I’ll try. This would be trips to:
- Rainbow River Lodge
- No See Um Lodge
- Bristol Bay Lodge
I know it’s short notice for a trip in a month or two, but let me know if you want me to look into it.
This auction is possible due to the very generous contributions of so many companies, lodges and artists. Please support them and support the campaign for Bristol Bay’s future by bidding on an item or two. There’s a great selection, and you should be able to find something you need or want. All starting bids are set below 70% of retail value, so you might even get a good buy.
The inventory for the auction is basically set up on a rolling basis, with new items being added every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. All listings run for 10 days, so there are always items nearing the end of their run.
Listings Sold (thanks to these buyers!):
- St. Croix Legend Elite 6-weight fly rod (to Steven R. in MN for $300)
- Galvan R-5 Rush Large Arbor fly reel (to Frank W. in CA for $168.50)
- Abstract Rainbow Trout print by Derek DeYoung (to Travis M. in CA for $122.50)
- Set of two signed Bob White/John Gierach prints (to Roger C. in VT for $300)
- Trip for two to Bear Bay Lodge in Alaska (to Carolyn S. in UT for $7,750)
- Patagonia full gear system – waders, boots, jacket, etc. (to Chris T. in AZ for $650)
- Simms Duffel Bag (to to Frank W. in CA for $102.50)
- Scierra CTC #9/11 fly reel (ends Saturday, 5/17) – could be yours for $225
- Trip for one woman with Women’s Flyfishing Alaska in July 2008 (ends Saturday, 5/17) – could be yours for $600
- Scott G2 2-weight fly rod (ends Saturday, 5/17) – current bid is at $450
- Islander Precision Reels LX3.8 fly reel (ends Monday, 5/19) – could be yours for $375
- Leupold & Stevens Katmai 8x32 binocular (ends Monday, 5/19) – current bid is at $250
New Listings this week:
- Cloudveil 8x Pro Waders and 8x Boots (men’s or women’s)
- Trip for two with Reel Wilderness Adventures in Alaska for open dates in August or September 2008
- Abstract brook trout print
- Orvis ZG Helios 8-wt rod + Battenkill large arbor reel & line
- Full-day float trip for two with Yellow Dog Outfitters in Montana for any open date in 2008 season
- Trip for two to Turneffe Flats Lodge in Belize for any open week in 2008
- Hardy Zane Saltwater combo (10-weight rod & No. 2 reel)
- Fishpond Shooting Star Tech Pack
Please pass this newsletter along to your friends, post it on your club’s Web site or newsletter, do whatever you can to keep the momentum growing.
A full schedule and list of auction items is available on the SAA Web site so you can plan your bidding!
Thanks for your support!
Director – Sportsman’s Alliance for Alaska